Los Altos High School
201 Almond Ave
Los Altos, CA 94022-2299
Athletic Director: Kim Cave
Phone: (650) 960-8857
Questions about a specific sport?
Please contact your team’s coach directly: Coach Contact List.
If you are interested in participating in Los Altos HS athletics, please review the information here. There are individual team schedules, coach contact info and rosters available on each team’s page.
IMPORTANT DATES FOR ATHLETES 2016-2017
- Dead Period for ALL Sports (CCS rule): July 26, 2016 – August 4, 2016
- Fall Sports Start Date/Tryouts: August 5, 2016
- Sports Physicals: Tues, Aug 9, 2016 @ PT Works Physical Therapy Clinic (flyer)
- Winter Sports Start Date/Tryouts: October 31, 2016
- Spring Sports Start Date/Tryouts: January 30, 2017
PROCESS FOR ATHLETIC PARTICIPATION
This section outlines the requirements for athletic participation, and lists the documents which athletes need to submit to be cleared to play.
1) Complete the Athletic Enrollment Packet
- This packet includes Emergency Information, Sports Physical Forms and Eligibility Requirements, as well as the Co-Curricular Drug & Alcohol Policy and a concussion information sheet.
- A physician must sign the Physical form before an athlete can be cleared to participate in athletics for the following school year. Parents and Students must sign the other forms.
- ** ALL pages of this packet must be completed before any athlete can participate in any tryout or practice. Turn in your packet to the Athletic Director’s Office (beside the small gym).**
- Players should have 2 copies of the form, one to be submitted to the coach, and one kept for records.
2) Complete Your Sports Physical
- Each participant MUST have a yearly physical prior to his/her participation in sports.
- This portion of the Form MUST be signed and dated by a physician each year (May 23 or after) indicating that the student is physically able to participate.
- The physical form is part of the Athletic Enrollment Packet